Annual Ten Tons of Love Charity Drive
Ten Tons of Love Volunteers
Through the generosity of students, faculty and staff, we collect clothes and household items and donate them to the First English Lutheran Church on James St. in Syracuse. All the items donated are given out to members of the larger Syracuse community. Last year we collected over 50 tons of "stuff" to help almost 3000 families in the Syracuse area.
- Volunteers will help to collect items at various locations on campus and load them on the truck to bring them down to the First English Lutheran Church on James St. in Syracuse.
- Volunteers meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Chalpain's Suite at Hendricks Chapel.
- Most shifts finish by 12 p.m. on campus.
- If time permits, volunteers are encouraged to come down to the Church to have lunch and meet the volunteers working for the First English Lutheran Church.
We are also in need of Team Captains. A Team Captain will organize the volunteers for one of two or three routes around campus. They will work with the driver of truck to make sure that donations are collected from each of their assigned sites. Ideally, a Team Captain would be able to use their car to drive volunteers to the assigned sites on their route.
Please click here to volunteer.
Off Campus Furniture Pick-ups
Students who reside off campus can also donate any unwanted furniture items such as:
- Twin and Full size mattresses and box springs
- Bedroom furniture
The furniture must be in decent condition. The charitable organizations reserve the right to not take any items if they are not in suitable condition.
They will also not take queen or king size mattresses, box springs or sleeper sofas.
Questions, please contact Elin Riggs at firstname.lastname@example.org